True Story: If you were this man, What would you have done?

Trendysturvs, please share this story with your readers. A church member (who is deaf and dumb) asked my dad to buy a car for him from Cotonou worth N600,000, since cars are said to be very cheap there.
My dad bought the car and did little repairs on the car before delivery since it's a Tokunbo car.
During the delivery of the car it was seized by custom officials. All efforts to retrieve the car were futile. He even had to pay N70,000 to some people who offered to help him get the car from Abuja. But the money went down the drain.


The couple came down to Lagos after a few weeks having been told what happened. The wife told my folks they were not interested in any explanation - all they wanted was their car. My dad took them to the custom's office in Ibadan where the car was seized and the custom lady on duty told them the car could not be released because it had no custom's duty and had been sealed with the red pen - the red pen meant it was gone for good.

They went back to their home and reported to the general overseer of the church who, in turn, called my dad and told him to raise the man's money for him because of his condition.

Last Sunday my dad finally raised the money and went to the church to give the man and his wife in presence of the Bishop of the church.

Why am I writing this? My dad is not a car dealer. And the so-called church member asked him to "help" him get a car but the unfortunate incident occurred.
So my question is was my dad supposed to have borne the sole burden of replacing the car?

Please share your thoughts!



You have read this article with the title True Story: If you were this man, What would you have done?. You can bookmark this page URL http://meditacaoplanetaria.blogspot.com/2012/05/true-story-if-you-were-this-man-what.html. Thanks!