Police killed my son, I want justice - Mrs Chinwe Ozuah

Ozuah and Chinwe
Ozuah and Chinwe

Mrs. Chinwe Ozuah, the mother of Ugochukwu Ozuah, the man who was allegedly killed by policemen five days after his wedding, on Thursday in Lagos said the police should be held responsible for her son’s death.
Chinwe, who held back tears, recalled that she saw her son a day before the incident, lamenting that she did not know that was the last time she would see him.She said, “The police killed my son and all I want for him is justice. The last time I saw him was last Wednesday and we spoke. He made so many promises to me but unfortunately he was killed.

Continue to read more


Ugochukwu’s family berated the police not only for the alleged murder but also for their inability to carry out proper investigation.In view of this, the family expressed concern that the police might eventually cover up the case.The deceased’s friend, Irikefe Omene, who was with the slain man, had told PUNCH Metro that Özuah was killed by policemen around UPS on Oworonsoki Expressway on September 20, 2012.
But the police denied the allegation immediately, attributing the incident to armed robbery.
The deceased’s elder sister, Nkechi Nnoyelu, said the police are saying that my brother was attacked by armed robbers but his phones were not stolen, he had money in his wallet which was untouched and yet they call it a robbery.
“It baffles me that the police, were on the scene but they did not even attempt to take him to hospital or give any kind of care, they were all watching.”Nkechi said denial by the police that Omene did not write any statement at the police station was an indication that their investigation would be shoddy.
Meanwhile, condolence register had been opened in honour of the slain man. 
May his soul rest in peace...amen!

You have read this article I want justice / Police killed my son with the title Police killed my son, I want justice - Mrs Chinwe Ozuah. You can bookmark this page URL http://meditacaoplanetaria.blogspot.com/2012/09/police-killed-my-son-i-want-justice-mrs.html. Thanks!