Hair Stylist kills Neighbour

Cletus Nweke
Cletus Nweke , a hair stylist has been arrested for killing a 27 years old driver Paul Michael.
The sad incident happened on the  9th of November at Ikota housing estate Ajah.
According to Nweke, his house was burgled and his television, video player, shoes and other belongings stolen on November 7. In a bid to get to the root of  the burglary, he went to Michael.
“Micheal was the closest neighbour to me and so I felt he must have seen whoever broke into my room,” he said.“To my surprise, when I questioned him, Michael and his friends started making fun of me. They were very insensitive and it hurts me,”he said.

Instead of reporting the burglary  to the police, Nweke accused Michael of the burglary and a fight ensued.
“I listened to the advice of my friends that Michael should have an explanation for the burglary or he would know who was responsible. I went to approach him in the compound while he was brushing his teeth. This was about 3.00am and other occupants were still sleeping,” Nweke said.

“I asked him why he was insensitive about the theft in my room;Michael started insulting me, calling me a fool for not protecting my house.His insults hurt me.We started quarrelling and a fight ensued.Michael was the person who tried to hurt me with a broken bottle. In my struggle to collect the broken bottle, the bottle fell and Michael fell on it and hurt his shoulder.”

Michael was rushed to the nearest hospital but he had lost a lot of blood and died shortly after.Nweke was then arrested and taken to the Ilaje police station at Ajah. The case has since been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) at Panti,Yaba.

 A police source,who requested anonymity,said Nweke had attempted to escape from the Ilaje police cell.
“This guy is a hardened criminal, he tried to escape from the Ilaje police cell by opening the ceiling of the cell and he was arrested and transferred to Panti,”the source said.

Confirming the incident, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police,Yakubu Alkali said the suspect will soon be charged to court.

Culled from Dailytimes 

You have read this article with the title Hair Stylist kills Neighbour. You can bookmark this page URL http://meditacaoplanetaria.blogspot.com/2011/11/hair-stylist-kills-neighbour.html. Thanks!