Photos | Video: Morbidly Obese Man Sheds 29st With The Help Of A Low Calorie Diet And Counselling!

A morbidly obese man dubbed ‘The Human Doughnut’ has lost 29 stone with the help of a low calorie diet and counselling. Rob Gillett, 27, hit the headlines in March 2012 when he appeared on Channel 4’s ‘Supersize vs. Superskinny’ weighing 41st 10lbs. At just 25 years old and 5ft 3ins, his BMI was an incredible 104 – the healthy range is between 18 and 25. Watch the video after the break
 
Mr Gillett said: 'I know that I was the person putting food into my mouth, but the reality is that food was not the issue - I was battling with underlying, deep-seated problems and I was using food to dull the pain'Mr Gillett said: 'The attention I got from the show was just horrendous at times too. Somebody sent me a big box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts and put jagged pieces of metal in them'
Doctors became increasingly concerned about his health and now, in just 17 months, he has turned his life around by losing 70 per cent of his body weight. He has dropped to a healthy 12st 9lbs. Mr Gillett, from Bridgend, said: ‘Taking the decision to lose weight wasn't easy as I knew I had to tackle my demons, and still can’t believe I have lost the same amount of weight as two grown men.
Mr Gillett's first attempt at weight loss saw him appear on Channel 4's 'Supersize vs. Superskinny' (pictured). He lost 4st but quickly regained the weight and says he was shocked by the negative attention he receivedRob Gillett, 27, weighed 41st 10lbs and had a BMI of 104 by the time he was just 25 years old
‘I have a new lease of life now. I ran a 10k race, do Nordic walking and have a personal trainer.’ Mr Gillett, whose waist measured 6ft 6ins, decided to take part in ‘Supersize vs. Superskinny’ as his first bid to lose weight. He said: ‘I wanted to do Supersize as I thought that it could help me deal with my weight, however, I just felt humiliated at the media headlines. 

The attention I got from the show was just horrendous at times too. Somebody sent me a big box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts and put jagged pieces of metal in them. ‘The police never caught the person who sent the box, but needless to say my family and myself were distraught.  ‘I know that I was the person putting food into my mouth, but the reality is that food was not the issue - I was battling with underlying, deep-seated problems and I was using food to dull the pain. 

You have read this article Photos | Video: Morbidly Obese Man Sheds 29st With The Help Of A Low Calorie Diet And Counselling! with the title Photos | Video: Morbidly Obese Man Sheds 29st With The Help Of A Low Calorie Diet And Counselling!. You can bookmark this page URL http://meditacaoplanetaria.blogspot.com/2014/01/photos-video-morbidly-obese-man-sheds.html. Thanks!