Facebook helped me get fit

Matthew's starting weight was 31st and he now weighs 13st

A 29 year old man, Matthew Briggs who tipped the scales at 31-stone, was shocked into shedding more than half his body weight after an unflattering photograph popped up on Facebook. He started piling on the pounds as a teenager, following the death of his mother and would regularly gorge on takeaways, sugary foods and demolish whole tubs of ice cream in one sitting.


But it was only when he saw an image on the social networking site showcasing his 56 inch waist, that he realised his destructive relationship with food had spiraled out of control.


In a bid to get his life into gear, he joined a slimming club and started following a healthy eating plan, swapping junk food for home-cooked meal

He also started excersising managing to lose a 17-and-a-half stone, and 24in off his waist.
Mr Briggs, who stands at 6ft 2in tall and now weighs 13st 10lb said: 'When I saw the photo on Facebook I was mortified.
'I tended to avoid having my picture taken so to see myself looking so big was a real shock. I couldn’t believe it was really me.
You have read this article with the title Facebook helped me get fit. You can bookmark this page URL http://meditacaoplanetaria.blogspot.com/2012/04/facebook-helped-me-get-fit.html. Thanks!