Two arrested for killing housewife


Two suspected ritual killers, Asimiyu Ayantayo (42), and Isiaka Akanbi (40), were on Monday paraded by the Oyo State Police Command, Eleyele, Ibadan, for allegedly murdering a 42-year-old housewife, Sekinat Emiola.
Emiola, mother of four, who is said to be Ayantayo’s mistress, was allegedly murdered by her lover in his house at Yemetu area of Ibadan immediately after a love affair between them last week Thursday.

The Commissioner of Police, Mallam Tambari Mohammed, told journalists that the suspects were arrested at their hideout on Sunday.
Mohammed said, “The suspects, who dumped the headless body of the deceased by the roadside went to bury the lady’s head and hands in a shallow grave at the Oke-Aremo Cemetary in Ibadan. They were later arrested after the incident was reported by those leaving in the neighbourhood.”
However, Ayantayo denied killing the deceased. According to him, the deceased died as a result of a charm said to have been placed on her by her husband.
He said, “She died shortly after we had sex in my house at Yemetu on Thursday. Her husband had placed ‘Magun’ (charm) on her. So, she fell down from the chair on which she sat in my room after having sex.
“She somersaulted and started vomiting before finally giving up the ghost. After this, I cut her head. She was my girlfriend and we loved each other. I didn’t plan to kill her. She died as a result of the charm. I should have been the one to die but the effect of the charm bounced back on her because I had protective charm on me.”
Asked why he beheaded the deceased, he said, “I had no reason for doing it. I didn’t plan to do anything with her body parts.”
His accomplice (Akanbi) denied an involvement in Emiola’s death. However, he said that Ayantola, his “area brother” sent him on an errand to buy a sack with which he (Ayantayo) packed the remains of the deceased.
Akanbi, who said that he was aware that the deceased was Ayantayo’s mistress, explained that the suspected killer invited him to his house and disclosed that he wanted to reveal a secret to him.
He said, “He lured me to take an oath never to betray him before telling me what he did. He gave me a concoction made of hot drink.
“After forcing me to drink it, he said that he would show me mystery of the world. He immediately led me to the backyard where the headless body and the severed arms and head of his mistress were dumped. When I shouted, he threatened that I would be dead if I expose him.”
It was gathered that the residents reported the case at the Yemetu Police Station following failed attempts by the suspects to take the corpse to the mortuary
You have read this article with the title Two arrested for killing housewife. You can bookmark this page URL http://meditacaoplanetaria.blogspot.com/2012/04/two-arrested-for-killing-housewife.html. Thanks!