How Two First class Graduates Shunned Campus Romance To Record Academic Feat!

Imafidion and Olabisi
For recording outstanding academic success, two female students of Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nafisat Olabisi and Izojie Imafidion have again lent credence to the maxim, “What a man can do, a woman can do better.” The duo emerged the best graduating students, beating 1,819 others at the university’s combined fifth and sixth convocation held on Friday.

Following this accomplishment, the two received the prestigious Chancellor’s Prize amid a rousing ovation from members of the university community and other guests on the occasion. They also clinched the departmental and faculty prizes for academic excellence. The two best graduating first class degree holders of the Lead City University, Ibadan Oyo State, shared  the secret of their academic success. Read after the break


 Olabisi:
“There is nothing bad in going into a relationship in school, but you must know how to balance your love and academic life. However, I was not into any relationship while I was at the university. To me, relationship is all about money and time. “From my observation at LCU, if you go into a relationship, you will expect so much from your boyfriend while your boyfriend also expects much from you too. How much was I collecting as upkeep allowance, that would make me buy between N7,000 and N10,000 gifts for my boyfriend in a month?
 
“I had so many male friends that hanged out with me and, in fact, six of them walked up to me and asked me out. But I rejected their proposals. The financial implication and commitment was scary and I stayed away and they said so many things to me that I was too harsh. I just told them no and stayed away.” On whether she ever had a crush on somebody before, Olabisi declares, “I had a crush on someone but he was not a student of the school. We met in Ibadan and we were at some point intimate as we once kissed. Although we are still friends, the crush is all gone.”
 
Imafidon:
For Imafidion, an indigene of Esan North East Local Government Area of Edo State, who lost her father at age eight, doing her mother proud was her preoccupation and not playing the campus love game. She notes that the opportunity to pursue her programme was precious to her, so much that she “did not want to waste my time on one particular person” on campus. She explains that despite being in a relationship with a guy, who was not a student of the school, she still managed to keep him at bay and refused him to pay her a visit on campus.
 
She adds, “At the university, a student has to decide what he or she wants to do with his or her time. For me, I came here (LCU) with a particular purpose in mind and that was to make the best out of the opportunity I had. So, there was no time for partying or campus relationship. “I did not just have time for a relationship on campus. Even when I had a relationship with someone outside campus, I practically had no visitor, except my sister; not even my boyfriend. My dream was just to come out with a very good grade and make my mum proud.”

Congrats, girls. Focus is vital to success!

READ MORE:  http://news.naij.com/54452.html
You have read this article How Two First class Graduates Shunned Campus Romance To Record Academic Feat! with the title How Two First class Graduates Shunned Campus Romance To Record Academic Feat!. You can bookmark this page URL http://meditacaoplanetaria.blogspot.com/2013/12/how-two-first-class-graduates-shunned.html. Thanks!