Watch Nervous Genevieve Nnaji's Interview On Canadian TV Show

Last September Genevieve Nnaji attended the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) for the premiere of Half of A Yellow Sun. While at the TIFF, Genevieve made an appearance on “George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight” which airs on Canadian network – CBC.
During the interview she was asked whether Nigeria went through a tumultuous time during the Biafra war in the 1960s and if it was reflected in the film, to which Genevieve answered “I’m young I don’t remember”, this elicited laughter from the show’s host, as he said to her “You must have read the book?”

“I learned a lot about the past from this present movie that I did… I learned a lot about our struggles, especially as easterners. I’m from the east, we’re called the Igbo tribe and we were greatly involved in the war.

“You do realize there were a lot of restrictions that aren’t there now. And as children we weren’t told — and I think people, our parents, tried to shield us from the truth that they faced.

“But I think it’s a good thing if we knew a bit of our history. Hopefully that’ll be cultivated into the schools.”
You have read this article Watch Nervous Genevieve Nnaji's Interview On Canadian TV Show with the title Watch Nervous Genevieve Nnaji's Interview On Canadian TV Show. You can bookmark this page URL http://meditacaoplanetaria.blogspot.com/2014/01/watch-nervous-genevieve-nnaji-interview.html. Thanks!